Tuan Hj. Syed Abdul Rahman was born in August 1908 in Padang Terap
district, Kuala Nerang. He received his secondary education at the
Government English School which is known today as the Sultan Abdul
Hamid College (SAHC) in 1918. He passed his Senior Cambridge and
concluded his studies in 1927.
- Cadet, Kedah Administrative Service (1928)
- Assistant District Officer of Kubang Pasu (1929)
- Assistant District Officer of Sungai Petani (1930)
- Assistant District Officer of Kulim (1931)
- Deputy, Custom Enforcement Authority
- District Officer of Bandar Baharu and Kulim (1945-1947)
- Chairman, Board of Kota Setar City Municipal (1948-1951)
- Director, Kedah State Land (1952-1959)
- First Director, Anti-Corruption Agency of Malaysia (1960-1963)
To honour his contributions and services, he was conferred the
Pendamai (J.P.) medal.