Tan Sri Tajuddin Ramli was born in Kg. Kuala Kangkong, Kedah on
13th April 1946. He had his education at the Sultan Abdul Hamid
College until 1966. In 1967, he continued his tertiary education
at the University of Malaya and graduated in 1970 with a Bachelor's
degree in Business Administration.
- Administrative Officer at Ministry of International Trade and
- Marketing Executive, Dunlop Industries Berhad (1970)
- General Manager, Utama Wardley Berhad
- Chief Executive Officer, Syarikat Raleigh Berhad (1984)
- Executive Chairman, Technology Resources Industries Berhad
- Chairman, Alpine Resources Sdn. Bhd.
- Chairman, Arah Murni Sdn. Bhd.
- Chairman, RZ Equities Sdn. Bhd.
- Chairman, Celcom Berhad
- Director, General Lumber Holdings Bhd.
- Chairman, Malaysian Airlines System Berhad (MAS)
- Chairman, Southeast Asian Telecommunications Community (SEATLE)
- Member, Commonwealth Consultative Group of Technology Management
- Member, Trustee of Bumiputera Entrepreneur Foundation
- Chairman, Malaysian Industry and Government for High Technology
- President, Malay Chamber of Commerce, Malaysia
- President, National Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Malaysia
- President, Asean Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ACCI)
- Member, Malaysian Economic Action Committee (MTEN)
- Member of National Economic Consultation (MAPEN I & II)
He started his serious involvement in the business sector when
he formed a company named Syarikat Malaysia Helicopter Sdn. Bhd.
(subsequently known as Naluri Berhad). He expanded his foray further
by forming Syarikat Roxy Electronic Industries Berhad, which was
later renamed as Technology Resources Industries Berhad (TRI).
He received recognitions for his successes in the business sector.
In 1984, he was given the 'Entrepreneur Award' by Malay Chamber
of Commerce. In the same year, he was chosen to be the 'Director
of the Year' by the Malaysian Institute of Directors. Apart from
that, the International Management Development Association also
awarded him with 'Businessman of The Year' award.
In recognition of his services and contributions towards economic
development of the country, he was bestowed several awards, which,
among them, include the Panglima Gemilang Bintang Kenyalang by Yang
DiPertua Negeri Sarawak in 1994 and the Dato' Sedia DiRaja Kedah
(D.S.D.K.) by HRH the Sultan of Kedah. In 1995, he was awarded the
Panglima Setia Mahkota (P.S.M.), which carries the title Tan Sri,
by His Majesty Seri Paduka Baginda Yang di-Pertuan Agong.