Datuk Maznah Hamid was born in Air Hitam, Kedah Darul Aman. Dubbed
as the 'Iron Lady', she was the first woman to manage a security
service company, whereby before her, this field was dominated by
- Chairman Danau Lumayan
- Chairman Securiforce Hi-Tech Cargo
- Board Member Golden Hope Plantations Berhad
- Board Member Perbadanan Usahawan Nasional Berhad (PUNB)
- Board Member Universiti Utara Malaysia
- Board Member Maznah Motivational Centre
- Advisory Board Member of Excellerated Business School Inc.,
- Board of Trustees Yayasan Sultanah Bahiyah, Kedah
- Committee Member of Entrepreneur Development, KPU
- Committee Member of the Ummah Development Action Plan, JPM
- President Women Entrepreneur's Northern Region (USAHAWATI)
- Exco Member of Wanita UMNO, Malaysia
- Chairman of Human Resources Development Bureau.
In appreciation of her contributions and services, she received
several awards, among them were the 'Best Entrepreneur for 1989',
the 'Tan Sri Fatimah Honourary Award for Excellence' and the 'State
Leadership Graduate Award'. She was also bestowed the award Dato'
Setia Di Raja Kedah (D.S.D.K) by HRH the Sultan of Kedah, P.J.N.,
K.M.N., and A.M.K.